Odd automation programming problem - Compool CP3800

brian4110

LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2013
Pennsylvania
I have a Compool CP3800 system and notice that intermittently the timed program settings will get corrupted. For example, I will wake up in the morning and the spa jets will be on. I'll check the indoor control panel and sure enough, the program has changed itself. Worse yet, the panel will show invalid characters on the screen as if the board is confused. I can erase the program and reprogram and it will work for a number of days (or weeks) but inevitably the program will become corrupted again. The problem seems to appear randomly and has been occurring since the end of last summer. Any ideas?

There are a number of used CP3800 indoor control panels for sale on ebay. If I pick one up and replace it myself, would that solve the problem? Should I think about an upgrade and if so, what do you recommend?

As a bonus...I've picked up a couple of Raspberry Pi computers and have done a few interesting projects with them around the house. Has anyone re-purposed one of these to run their pool automation?

Thanks!

Hi Brian,

we've had a few RaspberryPi mods pop up and if youre doing similar things, you're way ahead of a lot of us on tweaking automation. Not sure of your upgrade questions, but perhaps a bump will get some eyes on this that know. Good luck on your project there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.