Slow Leak and Wrinkles in Liner

May 28, 2013
Washington, Il
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
About a week ago now my pool starting losing ~ 2 inches per day and at the same time my 7+ year old liner starting to wrinkle in various parts on mostly the floor in the shallow and deep ends. Pool is a fiberglass shell and vinyl liner. The liner pattern is nearly completely bleached out due to me using liquid chlorine. I always just add it directly into the pool without first diluting it and keeping it at around 2ppm except when shocking to start it up each year. The first year I admittedly didn't know what I was doing and used way more than I should have when having issues (until I found this forum!). Local pool guy says it's likely my liner given it's bleached look and from what I've described but I'm not 100% convinced until I try the leak test posted here on the TF pool re: plugging everything up and then seeing if you still lose water. Any other thoughts on this problem as I've mentioned it thus far? For future reference should I always dilute the liquid first before putting it into the deep end near the returns? Pool guy is adamant about NOT using liquid and instead using the CYA free pucks and powder shock solutions to avoid the bleaching. . . .Thanks

Pool level has now dropped below my skimmers so that is ruled out as a leak source. Now I'm at the returns. Will it harm my returns for them to be pushing out water if they're not under water? Waiting to see if the leaking stops at the pool light as that is the only other place than the liner that I can think would have a leak at this point. I've turned off skimmer intakes and just pulling from the main drain to circulate chemicals. Are there companies that can save your pool water if you have to drain for refill? I'm on a well and don't want to have to fill from that alone. Thoughts on additional diagnosis?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.