Finished Slam, Now What?

Apr 17, 2017
Booneville, MS
Started with a swamp and slamming has worked. My pool is now clean and passed all three criteria for finishing the slam process. What do I do now? I know I need to test and add chlorine everyday. What should my daily routine be? Should I do the testing and additions in the morning or evening? How often should I be testing things other than chlorine levels?

13500 gal. 24' round vinyl pool, Hayward Sand filter, Taylor 2006 test kit

SWIM!!!! :paddle:

But for testing/chemical additions, every pool is different and you will get into your own routine once you learn and get comfortable with what your pool needs throughout the season.

To start, you should check pH and FC daily and make the appropriate adjustments.

CYA generally doesn't change much during the seasons. Splash-out/water additions/rain will bring it down very slowly under normal circumstances, so maybe check every 1-2 weeks.

I don't test my TA regularly during the season unless I am having issues keeping my pH under control.

You don't need to worry about CH much since you have a vinyl pool, as long as your fill water isn't crazy hard.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.