Light J box full of Water. Can I fix without draining?

mattrufus

May 15, 2017
little rock/ ar
So, one area of grass near the pool was much greener. Yep, Junction box for light is full of water. I've read two solutions: 1. Putty behind the light. 2. Use the rubber plug that goes around the cable.

What should I do? Can I keep from draining the pool? Is this process going to make me hate my pool?

It's just a touch below pool level. I can probably do something to lift it an inch or two.

One of my concerns is the pipe freezing in the winter. We keep our pool open all year and run the filter when below freezing. Might be able to run the pool a little low and get the water out of the pipe that's at ground level.

Also, I'm thinking about replacing the light. Obviously, I've got to remedy the water in the electrical wires thing!

Also, I'm thinking about replacing the light. Obviously, I've got to remedy the water in the electrical wires thing!

Water in the conduit isn't really an issue. Water in the box is a problem. When you change the light, you can add some length to the conduit to raise the junction box.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.