Balance water chemistry

May 16, 2017
Liverpool NY
Hi,
I'm new here and I'm dealing with a cloudy pool. I had my water tested at a local pool store, and they provided the following numbers:
CL: .58
Calcium: 102
CYA: 16
ALK: 58
Ph: 7.0

They suggested adding 1 pound of stablizer and 5 pounds if alkalinity increaser.

Is their recommendation accurate? Should I be adding anything else?

I've heard that baking soda would do the job along with chlorine...

Trying to clear it up by tomorrow for my daughter's birthday. Please help!!

Welcome! :wave:

You're not giving us much time, here.

Do you have any kind of tester at all? You definitely need more chlorine. Lots more. How much depends on whether or not you want to raise the CYA or not. Your TA is actually okay, if the test results are accurate. Usually they're not, but that's another thread all by itself. At any rate, low TA will not cause cloudiness.

You need to leave the filter running 24/7 and brush brush brush to keep all that stuff in suspension so it can get sucked in and filtered out.

Without a way of accurately testing the water yourself at frequent intervals, there isn't much we can offer you. About all I can suggest right now is to raise FC to 10 using bleach which will be 1.4 121 ounce jugs of 8.25% household bleach. Just get it at the grocery store or Walmart or wherever. Plain unscented bleach, not splashless, not anything special. All you want to see is something like 8.25% Sodium Hypochlorite.

Good luck.

After the party, come back and start reading in Pool School. Others will soon chime in with specific articles. When you need a break from the brushing, take a few minutes and go to TFTestkits.net and order up a TF100. Your pool holds a lot of water. It's a grownup pool, so you need a grownup test kit. Once you have that, cleaning things up in an orderly manner will be easy and you'll only ever have to go in the pool store to buy obscure bits of hardware.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.