Wireless Pressure gauge for Filter pressure?

RichTJ99

Gold Supporter
Sep 16, 2016
Katonah NY
Hi,

So I have a camera pointing at my pool, a pool robot, and an Iaqualink (wireless controls) for my pool computer.

I have found that if my water level is low or the skimmers get gummed up, that the water pressure in the filter falls, system stops working, etc.

Is there a way for me to monitor that pressure?

Right now I tend to kick on the pool robot & watch it on the camera. If it drives around nicely I figure the filter tank pressure is OK (system has good flow).

Is there something I can do to wirelessly check the pressure of the filter tank? I have an 'analog' filter on it now.

I dont see anything obvious online but it must exist.

Thanks,
Rich

There are digital pressure sensors but you would have to rig up some kind of remote communication device, like a Raspberry PI or Arduino, and then tie it into your remote system....a lot of work and expense for very little return. Filter pressure changes very, very slowly over time so the information you get from a remote sensor would be of little use. If you're having trouble with heavy debris load clogging your skimmer or causing your pump to lose prime, I understand that, but it can't be a very common event and so simply sticking your head outside and looking at the pool OR looking at the pool remotely with your camera should give you a heads up on that. If clogs are happening at a frequent rate, then I don't think remote pressure sensing is the answer but rather some kind of change to your pools setup to mitigate the problem. In my opinion, that would be time and money better spent on the problem than "one more gadget" that will break or give you false reading....

Hi,

I did see this: Pool Wireless Pressure Sensor WPT202 Phoenix Sensors Which isnt exactly what I need & a PI would be helpful in that sort of situation. No reviews on the product & the battery powered part doesnt sound great.

The clogging doesnt happen often but periodically the Gardner will shut off the water to my pool filler & I dont notice for a week or sometimes the frogs are fruitful and multiply, then clog the skimmer.

Its not often but it could end up with 6/9 hours of pool pump running dry.

Again if I run the robot & can see if its dry or not but a notification would be great.

- - - Updated - - -

Also since installing the stenner i am finding the biggest chore of my pool is gone. No more pucks = very easy skimmer dumps (no more checking on the pucks, just dump).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.