Glass tile pool - Any concerns with Robotic Cleaners?

Jul 9, 2016
Miami, FL
Hello all...I'm close to pulling the trigger on a robotic cleaner, but wanted to ask the experts if there are any considerations/concerns or anything special I need to be aware of since I have a glass tile pool.

I'm thinking about the Dolfin Active 20 or 30 and saw something about the Maytronics "Wonder Brush"? Is that required/recommended/necessary?

Thank you all in advance for your assistance.

JG

Ah, that's my Earl's 1st cousin. I need to go pull Earl out now.

Hello all...I'm close to pulling the trigger on a robotic cleaner, but wanted to ask the experts if there are any considerations/concerns or anything special I need to be aware of since I have a glass tile pool.

I'm thinking about the Dolfin Active 20 or 30 and saw something about the Maytronics "Wonder Brush"? Is that required/recommended/necessary?

Thank you all in advance for your assistance.

JG

The all foam wonder brush things on the rollers are for extra climbing ability on slick surfaces in different pools. Very expensive too.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have an all glass tile pool and the Dolphin Maytronics m500 doesn't climb the walls with the pleated filter. It sometimes climbs the walls with the non pleated filter but significantly less often that I was hoping for. I have rounded corners where the floor meets the wall so not sure if that is causing the problem I did purchase from Marina Pool in CO and they have been awesome.

I have a dolphin db3 which is a pool builders model here. It climbs the walls but won’t climb all the way to the top if the bag isn’t perfectly clean upon starting the cycle. I tend to clean mine at the end of each cycle so it’s good to go next time. I don’t have the pleated filter just the bag. Also have rounded bottom where floor meets walls and it handles it beautifully. Will get right up the waterline tile and clean under the coping.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.