Using the Intext Auto Pool Cleaner 28001e w/ Summer Waves Elite skimmer pool pump

May 13, 2017
Monroe, WA
Last year we got a Summer Waves 14' Elite above ground pool and enjoyed it all summer. Decided to leave it up all winter (covered), but we had a windy winter and the cover got leaves and debris blown under it and now the water is a green mess. I purchased the Intex Auto Pool Cleaner 28001e off of Amazon a couple of months and went to try to use it today to clean off the bottom. Per the (lame) instructions, I'm supposed to connect the hose from the cleaner to the water return port on the side of the pool. Unfortunately, the outside diameter of that port's male threads is about 2 3/4" while the hose inner female connector is about 2 1/4". Does anyone know of any place to buy an adapter for this pool cleaner? I've been to Lowe's and local specialty hardware store and searched on the web, but I can't find anything. Any insights would be appreciated. thanks

Hey Kevin, welcome to TFP!

I don't know about those, but intex fittings are proprietary pretty often, so you won't find them easily as you've already found out. Lots of people find work arounds for these, and there are several modification threads here. I'm going to bump your post and move it to the AG section where more of those folks will see this. You may get an answer for this from someone who's already been this route. Good luck with it, and enjoy the forum.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.