Hayward pump replacement help needed

artd

Jun 7, 2008
new jersey
I have a 29,500 gallon SWG pool with a Hayward gas heater (400K) and Hayward Goldline PS8 automation. I also have three water jet shooters along the pool edge that shoot water in the pool.My Blue Haven (Hayward) 2hp/2sp pump locked up after 7 years and I am looking for a suggestion for a replacement. I need to stay with Hayward for the automation but perplexed if I should stay with the 2sp or go with the VS. I have had great results with the current pump as I run it about 21 hours a day, all on low except high for 2 hours in the am to run the polaris 380 and of course when I fire up the heater or water jets. I do have an attached 50 sq ft spa.

Would there be any benefit for me to spend a bit more for the VS in your opinion and if possible please include a model number in response as some research shows some serious issues with certain Hayward pumps. Ity's a bit overwhelming as there are so many available.

Thank you in advance for any assistance or input.

2 " plumbing and I use the pool for 4 months as I am in the NE.

Depending on the version of the aqualogic board you may or may not be able to run a VS pump. I believe it is version 2.6 and higher. So you might just look into a new 2 spd motor for your pump. Also a picture of the pump model and motor label could help

Depending on the version of the aqualogic board you may or may not be able to run a VS pump. I believe it is version 2.6 and higher. So you might just look into a new 2 spd motor for your pump. Also a picture of the pump model and motor label could help

Having trouble posting pics but it says Dual speed power saver 2hp,1.20SF, 2.40 THP. Blue Haven SmartMax Star pump, Part 7-K56AA24A04 05
206-230 volts
BF 10.7-1.7 Amps
RPM 3450/1725

PS8 Main Software Revision is 4.30

I just installed a Hayward Tri-Star VS900 pump connected to my Jandy control panel with PDA. Hayward has a decent technical guide that showed how to hook it up to the valve actuator ports on the Jandy panel. This way, when the solar come on, the JVA port will tell the pump to run at a higher speed, when the cleaner comes on, same thing, and when my deck jets come on same thing (as they're all hooked to the JVA ports.

Anyway, have a look here https://www.hayward-pool.ca/pdf/manuals/2014-TriStar-VS-TSG.pdf . This Hayward technical guide for the Tri-Star shows how to hook it up to Goldline controls. It may or may not help you.

Your other option from the guide if your software version is not compatible - "Note: If model of controller does not qualify based on the table above, then either the controller's main circuit board will need to be replaced or the SP3200VSP will need to be used in relay mode."

Software version needed - Aqua Logic/Pro Logic/Aqua Plus v2.65 or higher

Ok, new tristar SP3202VSP hooked up and operational. Guy from pool company set it at 65% from 6 to 9am for polaris with booster, 55% from 9am to 3pm and 44% from 3pm to 6pm, off 6pm to 6am. Full speed is 3450 rpm. Does this setup sound ok to those with experience? Does anything seem wrong? I do have an swg.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.