omnilogic to control low voltage led lights (landscape lights)

May 8, 2017
Smyrna GA
Omnilogic to control landscape lvl lights

how exactly do I hook this up? Where the wires go? Do I need a "relay"? What is that?

do I need a breaker?

do I need a transformer?????

how the heck do I do this? Where are there instructions? In the manual somewhere????

Do you have the manuals? All the information is in them, just hard to understand.

Pretty sure it will not control the low voltage directly. You need a transformer for your lights and then they would be controlled by a 120V relay in the Omni.

Do you have the manuals? All the information is in them, just hard to understand.

Pretty sure it will not control the low voltage directly. You need a transformer for your lights and then they would be controlled by a 120V relay in the Omni.

exactly! You also should ensure to buy a pool and spa rated low voltage transformer if the lights are near the pool (6ft away in norcal is the code IIRC). The primary and secondary transformer windings are physically separated ensuring that 120vts a/c can never be sent down the wire if the transformer fails (called divorced coil design). To be honest, led low voltage is so energy efficient that you might just want to have them run on a transformer that has a photocell and timer so that it can be programmed to turn on at dusk and off whenever you decide to have them shutdown. Cost is probably cheaper,than buying a d wiring a relay into your controller. Our whole front yard runs on less than 20 watts of power. I'm thinking of tying the low voltage lights(controlled by our Aqualink) to the front yard circuit so they come on each night as well rather than control them with the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.