Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool Owner, First Test!

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool Owner, First Test!

So my pool builder has been semi taking care of the pool during the finishing stages of construction. He has been adding pucks to my inline chlorination (which I don't plan on using other than to perhaps add a pump later). It's about time that I start taking things over. I thought I would try my handy test kit and pool math and post the results. Hopefully someone can see if I am going down the wrong path and get me straightened out!

FC - 1.5
    PH - 8.2
    TA - 150
    CH - 400
    CYA - 45
    Combied Chlorine - 1.5
    Water Temp 82

According to Pool Math:

I need to raise my FC to 4 by adding 37 oz. of 10% Liquid Chlorine
    To lower PH to 7.5 I need to add 28 oz. of 31.45% Hydrogen Chloride (Muratic Acid)

Does that sound about right?
    Kingwood, TX - IG, Freeform Style, 3.5' to 6' Deep Approx 425 sf 11,644 Gallon Pool, 450 Gallon Raised Spa with Spillway into Pool, Tanning Shelf w/ 2 Bubblers,
    Wet Edge Pebble, Pentair Equipment - Intelliflo VSP, Clean and Clear Plus 520 Filter, 400K BTU Mastertemp Heater, Easytouch, Screenlogic, Intellibrite Multicolor Lights, Fluidmaster Autofill, TF-100 Test Kit w/ Magnetic Stirrer, Doheny's Dolphin Discovery Robot Cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool Owner, First Test!

Almost...

4 FC is the minimum below which you should never let it drop. You should target a few points over. I get 67 oz of 10% bleach.
    You got the acid right.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: New Pool Owner, First Test!

Awesome! Thank you for you help!!

Kingwood, TX - IG, Freeform Style, 3.5' to 6' Deep Approx 425 sf 11,644 Gallon Pool, 450 Gallon Raised Spa with Spillway into Pool, Tanning Shelf w/ 2 Bubblers,
    Wet Edge Pebble, Pentair Equipment - Intelliflo VSP, Clean and Clear Plus 520 Filter, 400K BTU Mastertemp Heater, Easytouch, Screenlogic, Intellibrite Multicolor Lights, Fluidmaster Autofill, TF-100 Test Kit w/ Magnetic Stirrer, Doheny's Dolphin Discovery Robot Cleaner