Chlorinator

Apr 15, 2012
South Dakota
I am debating about purchasing an automatic chlorinator. Eventually I want to go with a SWG but I have large bucket of pucks and don't have the funds yet.

What is the better between in-line and off-line?

I am looking at a Pentair Rainbow 300 and Rainbow 320.

Thanks

Hello stew! :wave: Well, you know you're asking a loaded question here at TFP right? :) For us manually chlorinated pools, we generally pour a little bleach in the water each day to maintain our FC level. We'll use tabs "on occasion" when we're away on a trip or when we know for sure our CYA level is low enough to handle it. Personally, I would say if you don't have an in-line installed in your plumbing now, leave it alone and just drop a floater with tabs in the water when you absolutely need to. Later, you'll cut into plumbing for the SWG and that will be good enough. In the meantime, continue using regular bleach so that you know your CYA is always under control. Save those pucks for a rainy day.

Hope that helps answer your question.

That's money that you can put towards an SWG when you get one, and those pucks aren't going to go bad if left sealed in a container, so I say don't get either of them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.