Please Help! Deck Questions! Show me your pics of your AG pool/deck area

May 10, 2017
Dexter mo
We had our above ground pool put in 5 years ago. We building a deck off of our house to go out to the pool. We can not decide if we should run the boards to be flush with, go above or go below the side of the pool. Can anyone please, please, please give us your opinions on this. I would love to see photos if you have any.

This may give you an idea. Deck meets pool 9" below top rail. It's basically extended off a smaller existing deck on the house and pool is buried 2 feet. Decking over top rail will make it a pain to change liners, but personal preferences and whatever please YOUR eye. Just built that pool side bench hanging over the top rail so the ladies can dangle their tootsies in it.

I can't help personally but have you gone on Pinterest as searched "above ground pool decking" to see lots of photos as ideas? Also, Google the same thing and click on "images" results to just see pics. It likely won't tell you the pros and cons like woodyp's post did, but it will provide lots of visual examples. Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.