Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Vacuum Problems...

1. Back To Top    #1

Vacuum Problems...

Hi! I have a intex pool and we have the intex vacuum. If you arent familiar with how the vacuum connects it is propelled off of the water as it is circulated through the pump and comes back out into the pool. We have found that it is getting very difficult to remove the cover that stays on the output in the wall and now is almost impossible without a large set of pliers. Does anyone have any suggestion on how to remove this piece without having to break out the tools every time? IT seems as it gets sand in it, as we have a sand filter. Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Vacuum Problems...

I can't help you with that problem, but I built this valve so that I can leave the vacuum hooked 24x7 and switch back and forth, or run both at the same time.

25000 gallon free-form gunite
    Jandy Stealth pump/CL340 cartridge filter
    Pentair IC40 SWG
    Pentair MasterTemp 250HD heater
    Jandy AquaLink RS automation

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Vacuum Problems...

Jeff gets my "PVC Creativity Award for the day"

sdavis, as for your tight output cover fitting, perhaps applying some pool lube? Maybe that will help.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!