First time opening - CYA and SLAM question

I am also slaming my pool (SWG) my FC goal is 12
i just checked and it was 8.5 added the proper amount of bleach (2quarts 3 cups). I have used 986 oz of bleach over the past two days. I am going to check FC add bleach if necessary and add CYA to go from 30 to 40 tonight. pump is running 24/7.

Also I unsed non-SWG chart to calculate FC goal as the SWG chart starts at 60.

How long before I will begin to see clear water, not foggy. I can barely see the turtle tail on the bottom.

1st time I've done this,

Thanks

Numbers tonight. FC dropped from 12 to 6.5 today. CC 0.5. CYA 30. pH 7.4 and TA 90. Numbers look good. Just a little concerned that FC dropped so much today. Not a lot of sun today. Do I need to add any chlorine tonight or just wait and recheck in am? Concerned that if I don't add and it remains stable overnight, that I will lose too much tomorrow. Should I just test FC a couple of times a day until I get the hang of it. With CYA of 30, my target is 4-6. Thanks

Sorry, no. I missed that along the way. If you passed - you passed. :goodjob:: What may have happened today is that the minimum CYA simply is not enough to keep the FC from burning off. You might find a CYA of 40 protects your FC better. As with any CYA though, simply bump it against the Chlorine/CYA Chart to ensure you are in the correct range. Hope that helps.

IMG_3588.jpg1st picture taken May 12 the day we started SLAM. We had been adding a little liquid chlorine and vacuuming to waste for a couple of days waiting on test kit. We passed SLAM May 19. 2nd picture is today. Our pool has never looked better. We are now adjusting to keeping everything in balance. We followed the expert instructions and it has worked well for us. I do not plan to go to pool store at all this season.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Having trouble with FC drop during the day. It drops anywhere from 5-7. I passed SLAM on 5/17. I have retested OCLT on 5/19 and 5/23 and passed both of those. Only 0.5 drop overnight with 0.5 CC. pH may be a little high at 7.8, will take care of that today. Added stabilizer 5/18. CYA 40 at last check 5/20. Running sand filter 24/7. Have skimmer sock. Pool crystal clear. Could it be related to weak bleach? Am I missing something? Just puzzled. Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.