Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Spa return jet size?

1. Back To Top    #1

Spa return jet size?

We moved in to a new house this year and with the help of the fine people here at TFP, our pool is open and waiting for warmer weather. Today's question is about spa return jets​. There are two spa pumps plumbed to 8 returns. The returns are threaded, but they're something bigger than 2". I tried a 2" mpt bushing with a 1 1/2" jet and it was still too small. I can't find any jets larger than 1 1/2". Has anyone seen anything like this?
    34k gallon, 3' - 8' deep, 45' x 25' plaster free-form, in-ground spa, Hayward MaxFlo VS, Sta-Rite System 3 S8M-150, Pureline PL7703 SWG, Dual 1HP Pentair spa booster pumps, Hayward H400FDN, Taylor K-2006 Test Kit, Dolphin Quantum

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Spa return jet size?

A spa jet and a spa return mean two different things to me. Are you talking about a standard return or a venturi spa jet?
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

In the Industry

Pictures of jets could help

4. Back To Top    #4

It's a little hard to get decent pics since it's underwater, but I'll try tomorrow.

Mas985-Sorry, I'm not sure I know the difference. There are two normal returns from the filter. One comes from the "spa" side of a three-way after the heater and the other is plumbed to the pool returns. In addition to those, there are the 8 returns from the 2 additional booster pumps. They are separate from the filter plumbing. I guess those are the venturi jets?