Any issues with loaded filter sock in pump skimmer basket???

Apr 29, 2017
OC, California
Greetings all:

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, so Mods, feel free to move if necessary...

Anyway, I'm in the process of rebalancing after refilling my pool, so I need to get my CYA up. I'm not about to pay the cost of liquid CYA (around $38/gallon at the local pool store), so I've self-selected my way into a granular product.

Since I'd like to get this glop dissolved (relatively) quickly, I'm wondering if I'll have any issues with putting a filter sock loaded with dry CYA granules in the skimmer basket of my Pentair Intelliflo VS pump, then running at low speed?

Thanks in advance for any and all help!!!

I would not recommend it as it might restrict the flow too much.

You can get it to dissolve within a day if you hang it in a sock (or 2) in front of your return jet and massage it fairly often.

FYI, I use 2 large white athletic socks (almost like soccer socks), fill them both up the same amount, tie the tops together and hang them over my brush pole in front of the return jet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.