Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Member

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello! I'm really new to the Forum, just joined a few minutes ago. I hae a 25,000 gallon in ground SWG pool. Have been dependent on pool supply stores for chemical analysis and advice. I think I've gotten shafted more than once that way. Really interested in getting to know more about pool chemistry. I'm a do it yourselfer, have installed replacements for both pumps and a new SWG since acquiring this, my first and only pool (Actually, it seems to be more like a pool with an attached house).
    25,000 gallon pool, in ground, SWG, in Social Circle, GA, (40 miles East of Atlanta). Vinyl liner. replaced late 2016. Hayward pump and booster pump, Aquarite chlorine generator.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Member

Welcome to the forum. Get yourself one of our "drop based" test kits recommended in Pool School.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome!

I suspect "I think I've gotten shafted more than once that way." is a massive understatement.

Get a proper test kit and you may only need to go to the pool store for obscure bits of hardware. You can read the test kit article in pool school or just skip it and get what most of us use: TFTestkits.net Get the XL option. You'll probably burn through most of the powder real fast playing with your Jr. Scientist Playset, and refills for that are real hard to find.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach