Owner/Builder in Louisiana

Hey everyone. I'm new to the board. Starting on my first pool in a few weeks. Decided to go the owner/builder route.
48' x 20' gunite with attached spa and a tanning deck. Will have a stone wall along the back with a couple of water features.
Plan on using Hayward Automation system and equipment.

Here is my design. Definitely open to suggestions and feedback. Thanks!! Can't wait to get started.

Pool Design.jpg

I too am from DS! Hope you did not have too much damage in August.
Have not built a pool, bought the house with the pool already there. One thing that I would consider is the placement of pumps/filter. I would try to get the pumps as far away from the pool or sitting area so that you do not have to hear them. If the covered pavilion will have a back wall, then you may not have any issues. if the pavilion will have open sides, you may consider changing the location of the pump to another spot...Just a thought.
I am sure everyone else will chime in with better insight and more specifics.

If that is the case, you probably do not need to worry about relocating the pump since there would be a wall in between. It should reduce the sound enough to where you can enjoy your pavilion while it runs.
I moved to DS a couple of years ago. However, I left my location at BR as I figured more people would know where that is.

Good luck with the build - I will be following along. Can't wait to see it all come together.

Thanks! I have 6 kids and a bunch of nieces and nephews so I had to go big!
I'm actually going with a stone coping and stone tanning deck because I have access to a bunch of free natural stone. For tile, I'm using slate. For plaster, going with pebble in a variation of cool blue for the color.

Here is the equipment I'm using:

- Hayward Super Pump, VSP, 1.5 Max. HP, (SP2603VSP)
- Hayward TriStar Waterfall Pump
- Filter - Hayward DE3620
- Heater - Hayward 150,000 BTU | Natural Gas | H150FDN
- Hayward GVA-24 Valve actuators
- Automation - Hayward Goldline PL-PLUS-16V ProLogic with T-15 Cell
- Lights - HAYWARD COLORLOGIC 160 1.5" LED LIGHTs
- 2 Hayward ColorLogic Bubblers

There is a lot of support from folks (and installers) here for Raypak natural gas heaters instead of Pentair or Hayward. On that item in particular (which happens to be one that it is not necessary to have the same brand equipment as your automation) the Raypak design is simpler and less problematic from their experience.

Check into the light controller necessary to perform the more complex/custom light shows. It does not come standard with the automation you have as I understand it (though I could be wrong). Without it you can see different colors but must use the power button to sequence between them - and you can't do the complex or custom shows. I know because I can't do the fancy stuff.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.