Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Solar cover issues!

1. Back To Top    #1

Solar cover issues!

Bought a clear one last summer. Did research and it came up that they were the same. The pool co. I got the clear one was offering a warranty so I went with a clear one! By august my liner was completely white! It had bleached it out! I was sick all summer so never noticed till later! Anyone else with this problem?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Solar cover issues!

Same experience. Clear does not stay so clear. That is why the.heat gain with clear and blue is not that much different. That's also why I have stuck with blue the last two covers. They are lighter and cheaper.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Solar cover issues!

I don't think mine was ever clear. It might be less clear now from UV exposure. I don't think bleach would turn it white. They only last a few years anyway. The real point of the cover is stop evaporative heat loss overnight.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach