Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Skimmer ID Help

1. Back To Top    #1

Skimmer ID Help

I need some help finding parts for my skimmer. Pool Tech skimmer didn't google....

It's a 9" round skimmer with 2 ports in the bottom. The weir door is also missing. 7 1/2" x 5 1/2" is what the opening measures and it says pool tech. They left a round basket that says B-152. Also should there be some kind of valve in the bottom of the skimmer assembly as well?

Ignore the algae. I am going to SLAM the pool once all of the parts are here...

Current & First Pool: In-Ground w/Liner 18'x37' 20,500 gallons
    1 HP Hayward Super Pump
    Hayward Superflex Filter EC75A

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Skimmer ID Help

When I Googled it- it came up with INYO first and they've often found TFP'ers the part they needed:

Skimmer Parts - INYOPools.com

see if something there is what you need?

Maddie <proud mom to a Googler>
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

3. Back To Top    #3

Is Pool Tech a brand of skimmer or just a face plate? I am having trouble finding what model it could be...
    1 HP Hayward Super Pump

4. Back To Top    #4

I'm not sure? But there are replacement skimmer parts out there that folks use all the time..... Call Inyopools.com or Sunplay.com

Both shops have always been very good and helpful finding that elusive pool part.

Maddie
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

5. Back To Top    #5

Skimmer ID Help

Ok. I am almost ready to start the slam. I was running my pump today and noticed lack of pressure coming out of the jets after about a half hour. I swept and stared vacuuming. Can I have stirred up so much **** to have plugged the main? Or even the DE filter??
    1 HP Hayward Super Pump

6. Back To Top    #6

1 HP Hayward Super Pump

7. Back To Top    #7

Any suggestions?

1 HP Hayward Super Pump

8. Back To Top    #8

Your pool is seriously loaded with algae. DE filters are soooooooo good at catching schmutz that in your case they're gonna clog up quickly. Hence you need to be available to clean them out frequently. That's the only downside on DE filters that I know of.

Maddie

9. Back To Top    #9

Bringing this back to life. I assume the square skimmer housing requires one of those round baskets I've seen with a square adaptor plate? I'm just going to make one myself if that's the case.

1 HP Hayward Super Pump

10. Back To Top    #10

I was able to track down the correct cover and square skimmer basket for the skimmer. I do need bolts for the cover though. The cover part number is SPX1075C1 and the bolt part number is SPX1084Z9. I can't find the thread pitch and bolt lenght, would anyone have any idea or place to check? They look like stainless flat head screw. Is hayward a metric or standard bolt company? Any help is appreciated.
    1 HP Hayward Super Pump