A few newbie pool questions

KraigB

May 2, 2017
Somerset
Hi all new to the forum, inherited a 18' round AG pool
When we bought our house at the end of last summer.
All the equipment we have was left from previous owner
But no manuals. The sand filter tanks sticker is ripped in half so I can tell it's a Pentair Meteor tank, but not sure on
The size, it states there are a 18" 20" and 22". The circumfrince around the tank is 70". So would that make it a 22"? Need to add new sand so wanted to make sure I know the right size to get enough sand. Also any recommendations on a good brand/type of sand to be looking for?? Finally (for now) all the equipment I have is by Pentair. Any thoughts positive/negative about the company?
Thanks!

Thanks for the info! The previous owner had left the tank outside without the valve or any cover on it and living in New England with all the rain/snow I thought it might be a good idea to replace. I had read in a very old post that if you divide the circumfrince by pie that would give the size?

Yes, circumference/pi = diameter.

Oh, they left the lid off all winter? Wow. You can go through the cleaning process for the sand and see how it is. It is probably fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.