Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Calcium Level min a newly resurfaced pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Calcium Level min a newly resurfaced pool

Just had my in-ground pool resurfaced w/diamond brite 2 weeks ago and was told not to add calcium as the level will naturally correct itself over the course of time. It's currently at 120ppm, range s/b 200-400. Any suggestions/comments?
    30x15 in-ground, diamond bright finish. Resurfaced 4/11/17

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Calcium Level min a newly resurfaced pool

Welcome to TFP!

I would raise CH to 250 ppm. CH does tend to rise over time. But, my pool etched the first winter due to low CH.

Here is what SGM says, http://www.sgm.cc/html_Pool/HomeOwne...chemistry.html

Be sure to register your warranty, http://sgm.smod.us/smodMain.php?sys=pub&pub=wif2
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Calcium Level min a newly resurfaced pool

Quote Originally Posted by kona0729 View Post
    Just had my in-ground pool resurfaced w/diamond brite 2 weeks ago and was told not to add calcium as the level will naturally correct itself over the course of time. It's currently at 120ppm, range s/b 200-400. Any suggestions/comments?
    For you, being in FL, your CH will rise much slower than someone out west. You also have a lot of rain in FL which tends to cause pool owners to make occasional mini drains to prevent overfills. Those mini-drains will take some of your calcium out along with the water. If your water is too low in calcium it will leach it from the walls and weaken the plaster. You want to avoid that.

Take it up to 250ppm.

Maddie
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard