8:00 am FC 18
9:30 am FC 17
1:45 pm 17
4:00 pm 12 (aded bleach)
8:00 pm 19.5
Wednesday
7:30 am FC 17
10:30 am FC 17
1:30 pm 15.5 (added bleach since we would be gone all afternoon until bedtime)
Thursday
6:00 am 14.5
10:45 am 13.5
Does where I get a sample from (deep end or shallow end) and how far down I reach in to get the sample make a difference? :) I've been getting a sample just by dipping into the top of the water.

Does where I get a sample from (deep end or shallow end) and how far down I reach in to get the sample make a difference? :) I've been getting a sample just by dipping into the top of the water.
You are supposed to get an elbow deep sample. Some people use a pvc pipe or something similar. Stick the pipe in the water, cover the top to hold it with suction and let it pour into a cup.

I'm not seeing much FC loss during the day
The FC losses you report are indicating you are still consuming organics in your pool. That really is quita a bit of loss.

Why don't you test once in the AM, once around noon and once before you go to bed. That's enough.

Continue to SLAM for a while yet. It is IMPORTANT to keep your FC up and not let it slip back down. Your pool will clear.

IMG_6374.jpg
Day 11 of my SLAM. I did the overnight test last night and we only lost 1 ppm FC so I'm ready to start lowering the FC and checking my other chemicals. We got our concrete deck this week (FINALLY!) and got the furniture set out. Planning on a swim this weekend for our Mothers Day cookout we are hosting. THANK YOU FOR ALL THE HELP AND ADVICE!!! YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN GREAT!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.