Purex 4036 DE amount 5.3 (label) vs 3.6 (online manual)

peril

LifeTime Supporter
May 20, 2012
Allen, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
So I'm thru opening, and was looking at the amount of DE that is required for the 4036 filter media - and I found an online manual vs label discrepancy

[snip] from the pentair online manual
Diatomaceous Earth (D.E.) Precoat Requirements
Filter Model *By Weight
Number Pounds
4024 2.4
4036 3.6 <----
4048 4.8
4060 6.0

[snip] - on filter
label 4036 is punched, and it recommends 5.3 lbs of de.

I went with the lower amount to try it out - i support this could be min vs max recommnendations - but never noticed it until this year - I've been putting in about 5 lbs on a recharge and things seem to work fine.

-Adrian

I have a 60 size Hayward and too have seen different recommendations ... either 6 pounds of 7.5 pounds.

I am not sure it makes a whole lot of difference. Whenever I open it up for a good cleaning (yearly), I am always disappointing with the DE distribution ... seems to always be caked in the middle.

I have a 60 size Hayward and too have seen different recommendations ... either 6 pounds of 7.5 pounds.

I am not sure it makes a whole lot of difference. Whenever I open it up for a good cleaning (yearly), I am always disappointing with the DE distribution ... seems to always be caked in the middle.
Thx j. The lower amount seems to be working fine and not building backpressure as quickly as the 5 lbs did. Clarity and chemistry appear the same so just gonna stick with it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.