Vinyl Liner with water under it ...

madyogi

Bronze Supporter
Jun 20, 2016
Little Rock, AR
So I've read a few other posts regarding this, but just wanted to get a fresh perspective. We had 6+ inches of rain overnight, and we had several a week prior. My liner is starting to pull away in the shallow end, mostly along one wall, and then a bit across the main floor of the shallow end. The liner is supposed to be 3 years old. We just moved in late last summer, and there were a few minor wrinkles in it at that point, but nothing like this. I'm wondering if I can just weight the liner down in the middle and wait it out, or do I need to seriously consider pumping water out with a hose. I'd like to avoid that last option if at all possible. That just sounds like a lot for me to deal with, given everything else I have going on.

Any advice about waiting things out and possibly avoiding too much damage would be much appreciated.

I experienced the same thing this year.

We waited for water table to go down, and simultaneously started filling pool (we drained it below jets for winter).

In spring liner was floating in shallow end, but has now gone back to normal, but has left two large wrinkles... so hopefully someone has a TFP approach to fix this!

18000 IG, SWG, 1/2 HP Tri Star + Solar PV direct DC Lorentz pump, Sand filtrt

I just went through this for the second time. Keep the pool as full as possible. Last night I was dumping water like crazy in the rain but I kept it about 1/2 to 3/4 inches from overflowing the liner.

This morning the water was receding and I keep running my brush around the pool pushing everything into place. I was very gentle and went slow inch by inch. As the water receded I take another run around the entire pool. Everything is now back in place and I just finished locking the liner back wherever it came loose.

I had a couple of wrinkles from the last time and I used this chance to brush them out. Once everything got back into place the last time I could not get the wrinkles out.

Okay, so I have brushed the liner a bit to keep things in place as much as I can. Everything is pretty good now, except for some lengthy bubbling lines here and there. Nothing looks too stressed, if that makes sense. I am taking it from the responses so far that I should continue with this strategy, just watching it closely and brushing patiently to keep everything relatively in place. In time the liner should settle back into place?

Thanks for the responses everyone!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Chrissykr, what do you mean by "locking the liner back in place?"

Thanks

I just went through this for the second time. Keep the pool as full as possible. Last night I was dumping water like crazy in the rain but I kept it about 1/2 to 3/4 inches from overflowing the liner.

This morning the water was receding and I keep running my brush around the pool pushing everything into place. I was very gentle and went slow inch by inch. As the water receded I take another run around the entire pool. Everything is now back in place and I just finished locking the liner back wherever it came loose.

I had a couple of wrinkles from the last time and I used this chance to brush them out. Once everything got back into place the last time I could not get the wrinkles out.

Excellent post. :)

Okay, so I have brushed the liner a bit to keep things in place as much as I can. Everything is pretty good now, except for some lengthy bubbling lines here and there. Nothing looks too stressed, if that makes sense. I am taking it from the responses so far that I should continue with this strategy, just watching it closely and brushing patiently to keep everything relatively in place. In time the liner should settle back into place?

Thanks for the responses everyone!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Chrissykr, what do you mean by "locking the liner back in place?"

Thanks

My liner had pulled out at the top edge. Yes, just keep going slow and easy and it will go back.

Thanks again to everyone here for walking me through this! Water has receded and all looks basically normal now. I was able to essentially trade some old minor wrinkles for some new, slightly smaller ones in the process :kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.