Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Not sure how to proceed-HELP!

1. Back To Top    #1

Not sure how to proceed-HELP!

Hi All,

It's been awhile since I've been on the forum. Well, we opened our pool to find an algae outbreak. So, our pool company came over and added (six) 1lb bags of the calcium hypochlorite shock to start the slam process and I added an additional 2 more bags last night, and another 2 bags about a half hour ago.

I recently purchased a Taylor K2006, Taylor K1766 (salt test kit) and a phosphate test kit. I performed the FC & CC tests myself and the other results were done by the pool company last week when I took in a sample. (We haven't added or decreased any water since I took the samples to the pool store for testing). The results are posted below. The water is now blue, but cloudy and looks much better now. My question is what do I do next, and how do I know if all of the algae is dead?

My test results taken an hour ago:

FC:1

CC: 1

Salt: 2600 ppm

Pool Store Test Results last week:

FAC: 0

CC: 0

CYA: 60

TA: 70

CH: 120

Salt: 2000

Phosphates: 300
    32900 K Gal, IG, Vinyl, Hayward Aquarite Salt Gen, Sand, SWG, Manual vacuum cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Not sure how to proceed-HELP!

welcome-------back! Pick one-----------us or the pool store is your first decision. You already purchased good test kits (except for the phosphate one) which we disregard mostly. Follow this using plain bleach Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart and refresh yourself on the SLAM process in Pool School.Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!