Price diff between fiberglass/acrylic sit-n-step vs liner over steel steps

Mar 24, 2017
Uniontown
Hey Guys,

Pool builder says there is big price difference between fiberglass/acrylic sit-n-step that comes with their normal package and liner over steel step option...

I just don't understand how making the liner a little different and buying steel steps is that much different in price than the fiberglass/acrylic steps in their package for $1950

Maybe its a lot harder to install the liner on stairs? I think it looks nice but don't want to pay a ton more

We went with the liner over steel steps and it was a $700 upgrade. I'm sure the size of the pool plays a role in it. Some of the difference is the liner cut for the stairs, the stone and concrete that is poured for the stairs, and the labor involved. It does look nice though. We love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We didn't want the cut in stairs either and ended up going with the steel stairs. The reason they may be apprehensive like our first builder was is because it take precise measurements to make the liner fit
See my build I the signature. But with cut sheets from the step manufacturer it is really just a matter of the builder getting them in the correct location. I love the way my steps turned out. I think ours ended up the same around $800

- - - Updated - - -

Firefox if you can set up a signature when you have all your specs that will help out if and when you have issues

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.