Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Wanda the whale any reviews

1. Back To Top    #1

Wanda the whale any reviews

Been looking at getting a robotic pool cleaner and have seen good reviews elsewhere for Wanda the whale, I have a vinyl pool any recommendations looking to stay around $200-$300. I would prefer something with a filter in it so all the junk doesn't go thru my sand filter.
    Thank you in advance
    Vinyl In ground 16' X 36' | 26k gallons | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sand filter | Hayward 1.5 HP pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Taylor K2006 test kit| New liner replaced 4/10/18 | new water from well | Charlotte, NC 28117

2. Back To Top    #2
    Chrisman, Illinois (East Central Illinois)

Re: Wanda the whale any reviews

I believe Wanda the whale is a suction side cleaner. Everything sucked up by Wanda will go directly to your sand filter.
    27' round Seaspray Evolution, AG, 17,100 gallons, Pump: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix Dual Speed 1.5 hp, Filter: Hayward Pro Series High Rate Sand Filter, June 18, 2014, Kreepy Krauley Lil Shark, TF-100 test kit, Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System

3. Back To Top    #3

Also been looking at the Doheny's Kleen Pool Cleaner anyone have experience with them?

Vinyl In ground 16' X 36' | 26k gallons | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sand filter | Hayward 1.5 HP pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Taylor K2006 test kit| New liner replaced 4/10/18 | new water from well | Charlotte, NC 28117

4. Back To Top    #4

What did you end up getting? I saw that you can put Wanda together with an in-line basket attached to her tubing, to stop leafs etc from getting in trouble. I was looking at the penguins, which are the same as wanda.
    12'x24' Aqualeader Sentinelle 54" deep AG (7000 gallons/ 26,500L) - Jandy jxi 260,000 btu gas heater, Hayward Aquatrol salt system (SWG). nature2 water purifier. 1.5hp pump/ 22.5" sand filter. Install July 2017. Taylor 2600 test kit. Solar cover and reel.