Trying to decide if we should return our Bestway pool for Intex. Help!

Hello,
So without doing proper researching we went to Toys R Us and got a Bestway/Coleman brand pool. We worked 3 days to level the yard best we could. Filled the pool half full and it became off level by 3 1/2 ". So we are draining it to re-level the yard. During the time we set it up and are now are draining it, I researched and realized we want to upgrade to a sand filter and also a saltwater system. I found two very good condition used Intex sand filter pump and Intex saltwater system totaling just $60 for both, however after calling both Bestway and Intex they say they are not compatible, I looked up on Youtube how to convert them myself but that does not look easy or ideal. So next step, I called Toys R Us and asked if we can return our pool and they said yes if we can put in box and have all the pieces.
Question.....Has anyone ever managed to get a pool already set up dried off and put back in that tiny box it came in.....? It seems like Intex pool supplies are easier to come by then Coleman/Bestway. Or should I just keep this Bestway pool and spend the money on brand new Coleman Saltwater System and Sand Pump although that is way out of budget and I'd at that point probably just keep the pump it came with and not do the saltwater system.
Ugh..... this is already a pain.
Thanks for any advice and help on what direction to take.

So lets start by saying it is critical that the site for either a Bestway or a Intex pool be level and compacted. These pools do not tolerate being out of level.

There are so many variables about whether you can box it back up and return it that its impossible to comment. Some people are very meticulous and keep all the material others like my wife rip open the box and destroy everything. Our differences make the world interesting. I have no idea what Toys R Us's tolerances are.

Intex and Bestway use exactly the same supplies, basically four: Chlorine to supplement the salt system, or provide basic sanitation if you don't, Muratic acid , pool salt and Margarita mix.

Intex has their own fittings. There are several threads on here on how to convert its a bit time consuming but not all that difficult..

You need to understand that pools in this class while they are just fine and generally well build are not for the long term. Therefore when purchasing used you need to be very very careful and examine the condition of the used pool or equipment.

I would vote for converting, but I suck at repackaging things and am not too bad at "rigging" stuff that doesn't match or work the way I want. LOL

Read around on this board, even if you switch to Intex you will likely be wanting to mod things anyway and you may find it is all fine with what you already own.

If it's just the fittings that are incompatible, those are easily cut out and replaced. My Intex pool has no Intex connectors left on it. They are all Hayward.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.