Pool/Spa light switch replacement

Apr 17, 2017
Phoenix
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to TFP and would like to get some clarification on replacing my X10 PWL01 Pool/Spa light switch with an X10 WS469 switch. Both the pool and spa lights are controlled by a single switch. The old switch has only a black wire and a blue wire. The new switch has a black wire, a blue wire, a red wire and a white wire. I believe the new switch black wire and blue wire connect the same as the wires on the old switch. The red wire on the new switch is not used so it would be capped off. But I'm not sure where I connect the switch white wire. Attached are some pics of the old switch and the old switch wiring and pics of the new switch I want to install. Does the switch white wire connect to the two neutral wires that are twisted together with the red wire cap in the wiring picture?

Thanks for any help you can provide - John

Pool Light Switch1.jpgPool Light Switch2.jpgX10 WS469 (1).jpgX10 WS469 (2).jpg

New switch is working now, the white wire connecting to the neutral bundle was not the problem. The wires going to the live and the lamp were reversed. I should have used the voltage meter earlier to verify which wires were live but just connected these wires the same way as were connected on the old switch that didn't require a neutral connection. Turns out the the old switch was wired incorrectly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.