Bonding a Magnetek pump

Jul 30, 2016
East TN
I am needing help with bonding my Magnetek pump to my bonding grid. I cannot find any bonding lug on the exterior of this pump anywhere. I am selling my home and the buyers has it inspected and one of the things he noted was that the pump needed to be bonded. I never noticed this issue before but I have found my bonding wire coming up beside my equipment pad. However, I do not see where it should go. I am attaching pictures of my pump in hopes that someone can help identify where this should hook up. Thanks for your help.

P.S. I am fixing the loose conduit too.

Attachments

• IMG_7270.jpg
    IMG_7270.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_7271.jpg
    IMG_7271.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_7273.jpg
    IMG_7273.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 29
You can buy a bonding lug at an electrical house or one of the home improvement stores and bolt it to either one of the motor flange bolts or one of the motor bell housing bolts at the back of the motor. If you choose one of the bell housing bolts be very careful not to snap it off when trying to loosen it.

As an alternative, you could bolt it to one of the capacitor cover screws and see if they'll pass it.

Ok, Thanks for the reply! I have checked at Ace and the ones they have has a smaller hole for the mounting bolt to go through. So, I'm not sure this one will work due to the bolts on the pump being a little larger. If not I'll try the big orange box store in hopes that they have it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.