Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Trip to Ireland was worth it - I just didn't want to mimic the green in my water :(

1. Back To Top    #1

Trip to Ireland was worth it - I just didn't want to mimic the green in my water :(

Good Morning,

I typically have my pool opened by 4/15. This year, we were in Ireland for over a week and I was not comfortable opening before we left. While we were gone, we had 2+ days of temps in the 80s and brilliant sunshine. I removed the cover this morning to a beautiful color of green

Numbers are as follows:

pH 7.3
    FC 0
    CC 0
    TC 0
    TA 30
    CYA 30
    Salt 1600

This is the second year I am opening by myself. Last year was virtually clear water. This year - not so much.
    Just checking my process here -
    -Clear debris
    -turn on pump
    -Tackle the pH to raise 7.5-7.8
    -add liquid chlorine to raise to SLAM level
    -run pump 24/7 and maintain shock levels as frequently as needed

Thanks for the votes of confidence.
    Thanks!!
    18ft x 36ft 24500 gal vinyl liner inground
    Salt water pool - swim pure plus
    Hayward cartridge filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Trip to Ireland was worth it - I just didn't want to mimic the green in my water

Your pH is a fine level for a SLAM SLAM So don't change that at this point. You can deal with TA after the SLAM too.

Your plan otherwise is spot on.

Yippee
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard