Pool prices in metro Atlanta

Apr 17, 2017
Atlanta ga
I've been a lurker for a few weeks and would love to get an idea on what the going rate is for pools in our area. We are looking at a gunite 16x34 with spa. So far we have received a quote of $61K (includes pebbletech which we don't really want) and that didn't include landscaping or anything. Beginning to think we will never be able to afford one. I had our top budget maxed at $50K. Any opinions or suggestions? Or is my budget way off?

You could look at fiberglass, as there are units in that size range that may be closer to your budget. We went with a 38x16 x 3.5-8' fiberglass, outside ATL that started without all the options under your budget. There are some with built in spas. We love our pool - did not get one with spa, but instead had built in loungers and table.

Get at least 3 quotes to get a good feel for the market and how comfortable you are with each contractor. Should be able to get that many quotes in your area. Think hard about what you're going to use to pool for now and in several years to determine what shapes/depths/size you really will enjoy.

Fiberglass pools come in numerous colors, and more sizes and shapes than you could possibly imagine. I have had both fiberglass and gunite, and I am going with fiberglass again. Currently installing a San Juan Atlantic Deep Pool and San Juan Royale Spa. My base price for the pool installed was under your budget number and similar in dimension as to what you want. I would think that in a market such as Atlanta you could find more aggressive pricing than what I could get here in Colorado.
You have definitely come to the right spot. Learn and utilize the techniques here on TFP, and your pool ownership will be easy and enjoyable. Good luck with the journey!

Sounds obvious but your quotes are the market price. Almost all people set an original budget less than market then decide if to proceed or modify their plans.

Here is a local fiberglass pool manufacturer. We used a local installer that installs these pools. Many options to choose from - models, colors, borders, spas, ....

We chose an installer to do it all. But the mfgr has a "assisted install" program where they deliver and install the pool into your hole - so you are acting as the pool builder. I was too paranoid to do this and was very happy with our builder. You should be able to get a pool in your price range, but size, options (leds, diving board, ...) , additional cement decking, can bump it up. That is why we left built in spa out, figure we could add a really nice standalone one in the future if we want.

BTW - we installed the Caribbean model.

FSU's, another option in addition to fiberglass that may help you get the enjoyment of a pool without going over your budget would be a vinyl liner pool, which is usually less expensive to install, and nowadays, can accommodate a variety of shapes/designs. Between shaped composite walls and cantilever coping, its possible to achieve some of the features that attract people to gunite.

With in ground vinyl, you do have the eventual cost of liner replacement over time...but with gunite you eventually have
re plastering cost.

My pool came with the house I bought. Given the intrinsic enjoyment I get from it, if I were in a new-build situation I would not have any compelling reason to spend more on gunite if I wasn't comfortable with the budget. And I'd certainly go inground liner before I'd go without ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.