Living in Gilbert,AZ

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: A few pages here and you'll learn a tremendous amount. I suggest you take a few minutes to review the links below in my signature (don't forget to update yours too). :) You can skip the SLAM link for now. The others will get you started.

May we ask, we did you decide to do a full drain? Acid wash, high CH or CYA? Something else?

Nice to have you with us at TFP.

I did a full drain because my electrical system was shot all winter. I finally lost control of the algae a week or two ago. I just got my electrical lines fixed. I also haven't done a full drain since I've owned the home two years ago. I wanted to start clean this year.

Thank you for the welcome! I completed my drain, swept out all the dirt, no green staining thankfully, some white deposits on the water line tile. I gave the pool a light, 1/4 liquid chlorine 3/4 water, spray down with a gallon total using a pesticide type sprayer from Home Depot. I washed out my filters then refilled the pool and added 1 1/4 gal. of 10% liquid chlorine. I finished adding 3 lbs. of granular CYA yesterday. I set my pool to run from 9am-3pm. I retested my chlorine and found FC 1 ppm. I added 16 oz more. During my CYA test I can still see the black dot on the bottom of the tube. Is it supposed to disappear or just become a little blurry? I was thinking of adding another pound of granular stabilizer. How long do I wait after adding the chlorine to add more stabilizer?