I'm cleaning up my pool, I let it turn to a swamp over the winter. I've been slamming it and it is now blue, but very cloudy. I'm not sure if I just need to keep slamming or if I need to fix other rings. I know My TA is low & cal is low. My CYA was 0 so I have added that already. Here are my other readings.
TA 40
CYA 40
Cal 75
FC 15
Ph 7.2
Bromine 10

I am really new to all this. I am sort of dealing with the same. Advice to me was keep slamming till clear with obvious vacuuming and scrubbing. Let filter do its job. Backwash and rinse several times. Vaccines to waste.

Hopefully you will get more knowledgable people answering but I wanted to at least answer.

I was new to this last year and had the same thing. We have a sand filter and it took about 2 1/2 weeks to sparkle after all the algae was killed. Take pictures everyday so you can compare the difference. you may not think there is improvement until you look at the pictures.

With a CYA of 40, your SLAM FC level is "16", so make sure to maintain that FC shock level 24/7 until you pass all 3 SLAM criteria listed on the SLAM page (link in my sig). A low CH won't apply to you with a vinyl pool, so no worries there. There rest deals with watching your filter pressure and cleaning when it hits about 25% increase, frequent brushing, and maintaining that FC level. Make sure to inspect all areas of the pool for any algae trapped somewhere. Good luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.