Intext 1500 salt/sand pump cord cut

IMG_1179.jpg
Ive searched intex to see if there's a replacement part for this and it isn't looking good. Can anyone tell me if this can be replaced or even what part it is? When I view their diagram I'm just not seeing this part for some reason. Between this (done by a dog that does not normally stay at our home) and the completely rusted out frame from a ultra frame pool we bought June 2016, things aren't looking good for us this year. I'm pretty sick over both things. The pump is our fault but the rusted out frame is beyond ridiculous - surely it should've made it at least a year!
IMG_1176.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a better shot of exactly what I'm talking about. Pretty ticked this dog did this!
IMG_1180.jpg

That is the cord to the electrolytic cell, the part that does all the work. IIRC, the other end terminates inside the control base, so there's no way to replace it without taking the entire thing apart. Since I'm sure Intex discourages that, I doubt they'll have that piece available by itself on their website. You might call their support number and see if you can order one. Once you get past the language barrier, I've found them to be pretty good to work with you.

Alternatively, you might see if you can find a new SWG on sale somewhere. I bought the 12 gm/hr model last year at Academy Sports for $80. Or maybe someone has an old one on Craigslist or ebay that you could scavenge for parts. I threw my old one away, or I'd have just what you need, sorry...

That is the cord to the electrolytic cell, the part that does all the work. IIRC, the other end terminates inside the control base, so there's no way to replace it without taking the entire thing apart. Since I'm sure Intex discourages that, I doubt they'll have that piece available by itself on their website. You might call their support number and see if you can order one. Once you get past the language barrier, I've found them to be pretty good to work with you.

Alternatively, you might see if you can find a new SWG on sale somewhere. I bought the 12 gm/hr model last year at Academy Sports for $80. Or maybe someone has an old one on Craigslist or ebay that you could scavenge for parts. I threw my old one away, or I'd have just what you need, sorry...

Bummer. I was afraid of that. My husband thinks he might could splice it. Any thoughts on that? If I have to replace, do the entire system have to be replaced since this cord seems to be connecting the swg to the sand pump?

If he's handy, that should work. Wires are just wires (except when they are chew toys ?).

It just didn't seem like there was much left at the plug end to work with.

So this is a combo pump/filter/SWG unit? If so, and the pump and filter are still okay, you could always just buy the standalone Intex SWG and plumb it after this one. If you put them all on an external timer, like the ones for outdoor Christmas lights, they'll both come on at the same time and you won't have to mess with synchronizing their timers. Timers will sometimes cause the GFI on the end of the pump power cord to trip, so you might have to replace that with a normal plug. Just make sure the entire circuit is GFI protected at the house. Most outdoor sockets are. If yours is not, you'll need to put a GFI ahead of the timer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.