Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Micro Fusion pebble finish?? Rain

1. Back To Top    #1

Micro Fusion pebble finish?? Rain

I'm currently having a pool built and am close to completion. I'm scheduled to have a micro fusion midnight blue finish installed in my pool this weekend.

I've been told this is a 2 day process, first they apply the finish and the next day they do a mild acid wash to expose the pebble finish.

I'm a little concerned because the weather is unsettled and the 2nd day they are calling for rain, which is the day of the acid wash and pool fill up.

The pool builder is telling me it's no big deal and the rain is fine because it's just the acid wash and fill up and there is no issue with streaking because it's a pebble finish rather than plaster.

Just wondering if this is true? Or should I be concerned?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Micro Fusion pebble finish?? Rain

I was worried because after the plaster crew applied my plaster, their cleanup crew hosed off the concrete causing streams of water from the joints in the deck. The next day the acid wash crew did the same thing and my finish has been very homogenous with no imperfections. We have the micro fusion laguna, so more of a blue finish instead of grey, but I doubt it would make much of a difference.
    Build Video 2016 -- Solar Pad 20.5K gunite (37'x15') rectangle (3.5'-7') deep-- MicroFusion Laguna finish -- Jandy VS pump, cartridge and iAqualink RS -- Polaris 360 Black -- 2 Laminar jets -- 2 nichless 30w color led -- 550sq/ft Heliocol solar -- Soft water auto fill -- Stenner 17gpd

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to the forum Jeff,

I wouldn't be too worried, and he should be the one responsible anyway. If he says no problem, let it be on him if one comes up.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the response. They ended up doing it and everything turned out fine

5. Back To Top    #5

How do you like the pool finish?
    34'x21' = 22,325 Gallon OB (in progress) pool. Pentair - VSF x2, 400K heater, 6 Glow brights, 2 LED Bubblers, Easy touch 8 w/Screen Logic, Blower for spa, and a 4 wheel "The Pool Cleaner"
    7x7 Spa with 12 jets and 9'x9' seating area with 6 jets. Baja Shelf with LED blowers.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Chopjaw View Post
    How do you like the pool finish?
    I'm also curious how you like it because I'm set to get MicroFusion (French Grey) soon on my build.
    Pool Build Completed - May 2018! (Build Thread) | First Time Pool Owner!
    15K Gallon IG Gunite Pool | MicroFusion Pebble Finish | Jandy 2.7HP VS ePump | Jandy 460 ft2 Cartridge Filter | AquaPure PLC1400 SWCG | iAqualink Automation
    2x Spectrum360 multi-color LED Lights | 2x 24" Sheer Descents | 2x Venturi Skimmers | Dolphin S300i Robotic Cleaner | TF-100 Test Kit w/ K-1766 and SpeedStir