AQR-15 Install for AGP

Jun 28, 2013
Augusta, GA
Just purchased an AQR-15 system for my 18000 gallon above ground pool. I am still a bit nervous about the salt water and my steel walled pool, but decided to go for the SWG anyway. I will be doing the install myself, so any tips or advice for the install that may not be obvious??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be nervous too. People disagree about how much damage salt is with regard to pools and surroundings, but I guarantee it will speed the corrosion process here. Salt left behind on steel is no good in my humble opinion.

I'd also stay away from installing a SWG on a steel walled pool myself and only use a SWG on a pool that has high quality stainless steel or resin materials. Also keep watch on the salt content of the water as the salt level will rise over time due to most forms of chlorine adding salt to the water.

I agree with Patrick in that it will speed up the corrosion and in a few years you might regret having the SWG.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.