Been here awhile, still need pop and guidance

Bowlin

May 4, 2007
Kannapolis, NC
Hi and glad another swim season is fast approaching. The end of last pool season I lost a lot of water, so I didn't cover the pool as it has wrinkles and I think I have a leak of some sort, so was considering a new liner. That being said, no liner got bought so I am gonna try and rehab this bad boy one more year before liner is purchased. My plan of attack is re-hooking all equipment
and then begin adding water. And then turn it on and start cleaning the muck out and doing my slam. As the frogs are already loud. My questions are many but main one I would like answered is the pool looses water to a certain spot then stops, so is hole in this area or did my pool just decide thats where it was ready to stop leaking???

Pools will often lose water until just below the tear/hole in the liner. You obviously need to focus on that area first, running along the entire circumference of the pool. Check around any skimmer or returns or any place that had the liner cut to accept a fitting of any type.

You don't want the water to get lower than a foot though or your liner may get *loose* and you'll *lose* your smooth fit around the pool. It can wrinkle and shift and if an older liner it may be brittle and tear.

Yip :flower:

Yes I do hear ya on the wrinkle of the pool and that was one reason was considering a new liner, but need to hold off if I can 1 more year. That being said hard work of cleaning it begins and if the pool wont circulate or water want move any chance of clearing it up is gone. Correct???

Yeah, you're sort of in between a rock and a hard spot there. You need circulation to help clean it up. The circulation also puts the higher concentration of chlorine water thru the filter also which needs exposure to the chlorine too.

There is always the chance that your liner has more than one leak too.

How deep is the water at this point? Has it stayed at this same level all winter?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.