Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Suspecting a leak

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Suspecting a leak

Hey TFP'ers, so spring is here and I have a saturated lawn with standing water. Yes we have had rain but I have never had standing water for more that a couple of days. The pool level seems to be lower than when I winterized it last fall. Any ideas on how to test this theory? Too early to open the pool but I am trying to get my lawn into shape.
    24'x54" AGP 13,500g AquaLeader Sentinelle | Hayward Voyager CC150 sqft cartridge filter | Hayward 2hp 2spd pump | Hayward Aquaray Cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Suspecting a leak

Have you looked at the TFP Pool School - Leak Detection page yet? There's some good tips there to get you started. Let us know if you still have questions. Good luck!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Splash View Post
    Have you looked at the TFP Pool School - Leak Detection page yet? There's some good tips there to get you started. Let us know if you still have questions. Good luck!
    Thanks Tex. I just went Macgyver with it. I made a water level indicator from an LED, a resistor, a c cell battery, float switch and some tape. The cover is still on the pool so not really easy to get in there and do any marking of sorts. If the water level drops 1/8" the LED will light and I will know.
    24'x54" AGP 13,500g AquaLeader Sentinelle | Hayward Voyager CC150 sqft cartridge filter | Hayward 2hp 2spd pump | Hayward Aquaray Cleaner

4. Back To Top    #4

I just went Macgyver with it. I made a water level indicator from an LED, a resistor, a c cell battery, float switch and some tape.
    Holy smokes! We're not worthy! You and "Jim R" (one of our MODS) need to compare gadgets. ha.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

It's actually a good time to open for this area.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    It's actually a good time to open for this area.
    yeah you guys get a little more sun than I do. We should get more this year since I had a few trees removed. This liner is only 3 seasons old but as much water as I have in the yard I am suspicious.