Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Skimmer placement?

1. Back To Top    #1

Skimmer placement?

Not happy with skimmer cut into the coping. On my last pool it was not cut into the coping but right behind it. Can these be extended? PB said That's how they go. The front of the skimmer has to reach the tile. Or at least come close.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Skimmer placement?

Mine are probably a foot behind the coping.
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

This is not the normal installation in gunite. The skimmer mouth is usually met by tile that goes under the coping by about 6", general at a small angle. So the skimmer cover resides about a inch or several behind 12" coping.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking | Merlin SmartMesh winter safety cover
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Agreed I reached out to PB. I want it past the coping. I hope they can accommodate my request. Since I am doing travertine deck, I also want a square lid cover to blend in with French pattern...thank you for your input!

5. Back To Top    #5

Question: Is that a normal 8"x16" travertine coping stone? That's what they look like. With the placement of the coping I think you are looking at 18" minimum setback on the skimmer ring to keep it from cutting the travertine. Not sure if that distance is possible or not.

6. Back To Top    #6

They are 6 X 12 coping . I would like it just passed the 12"and i am getting push back. The skimmer mouth is to close to the wall tile maybe an Inchon. not set back a few more inches.

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

Just a case of a PB who is set in their ways. He does it that way so everyone else does too and it's the standard! Except that it's not.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking | Merlin SmartMesh winter safety cover
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Agd38 View Post
    They are 6 X 12 coping . I would like it just passed the 12"and i am getting push back. The skimmer mouth is to close to the wall tile maybe an Inchon. not set back a few more inches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In that case I would have it moved. Looking at mine last night I think it was 16 inches from the wall.