Greetings from Southern California, Inland Empire

As directed, I'm introducing myself. I have an 18' round, 48” high Intex AGP. We put it up last summer. I struggled a bit keeping it clean. My neighbor advised not taking down over the winter as he said it was a hassle and not worth it, possibly even damages the pool itself. During the winter, the cover was damaged and blown into the water. The pool got very dirty.

Just recently, I bought an Intex sand filter, the 3,000 gph model. I've been working on cleaning out the debris and dirt. It's going okay, but I am still looking for ways to make it easier. I'm not having trouble with algae at the moment. At this point, I want to get a new cover and a backwash hose so I can dispose of waste water more easily.

If you don't know the area, it's usually hot, dry, and windy. The wind isn't blowing all of the time, but sometimes we get powerful, damaging winds. Winters get about 12" of rain and no snow. We rarely have more than one night of temperatures cold enough for freezing. The ground never freezes. Last summer, the pool got so warm from the climate that it was like bath water.

if you read all of that, thanks for doing so. Hope to learn some stuff here!

Welcome to the forum!

Been there myself with that one winter, and it would have been easier to drain and refill. If you can rig a decent vacuuming setup, it will be some work, but you can get it sorted. Good luck, and enjoy your time on TFP!