Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Greetings from Southern California, Inland Empire

1. Back To Top    #1

Greetings from Southern California, Inland Empire

As directed, I'm introducing myself. I have an 18' round, 48 high Intex AGP. We put it up last summer. I struggled a bit keeping it clean. My neighbor advised not taking down over the winter as he said it was a hassle and not worth it, possibly even damages the pool itself. During the winter, the cover was damaged and blown into the water. The pool got very dirty.

Just recently, I bought an Intex sand filter, the 3,000 gph model. I've been working on cleaning out the debris and dirt. It's going okay, but I am still looking for ways to make it easier. I'm not having trouble with algae at the moment. At this point, I want to get a new cover and a backwash hose so I can dispose of waste water more easily.

If you don't know the area, it's usually hot, dry, and windy. The wind isn't blowing all of the time, but sometimes we get powerful, damaging winds. Winters get about 12" of rain and no snow. We rarely have more than one night of temperatures cold enough for freezing. The ground never freezes. Last summer, the pool got so warm from the climate that it was like bath water.

if you read all of that, thanks for doing so. Hope to learn some stuff here!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Greetings from Southern California, Inland Empire

Welcome!

If you haven't seen it, check out Useful links for fellow Intex Pool Owners for ideas specific to your pool. Also the search box is a big help if you're looking for ideas on how to connect a vacuum. Look for the paperclip icon on the thread list for ones with pictures.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Greetings from Southern California, Inland Empire

Welcome to the forum!

Been there myself with that one winter, and it would have been easier to drain and refill. If you can rig a decent vacuuming setup, it will be some work, but you can get it sorted. Good luck, and enjoy your time on TFP!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem