Wanting to Move Pump and Filter Help!!

JDale

Apr 6, 2017
Trussville, Al
I'm looking for thoughts and expertise on moving Pump, filter, Polaris Pump, suction and return lines approx 70' at a higher elevation of approx 1'. Pump is currently close to water level. Reason for moving is system is in middle of yard and trying to conceal it a bit by moving it close to the house. My main concern is adding some much piping to the current system. Will moving the system 70' add to much head to the current system/pump? If so should I upgrade to a 1.5hp 2 speed motor? Is there any other ways to go about getting this done? I can use mostly 45deg fittings to help cut down on restrictions.

In the photo the yellow shovel is where the piping goes under the concrete to pool. Plan is to 45 piping from this to where the shovel by the house is.

Attachments

• IMG_1944.jpg
    IMG_1944.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 35
If the equipment is going to be above water level make sure you use a check valve on the suction side so that the pump has a chance to get a good prime, you shouldnt have any issues moving equipment you will have to run new electrical lines with new wire, and if your junction box is at your current pad you will also have to move that as well and a new pool light with a longer cord its going to be a lot of work!

Thanks David. One more question. Where would be the best location for the check valve/valves? Right before the single pipe to going into the pump or where the yellow shovel is as far back down the lines as possible? Again, thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.