Slamming

Janel

Apr 18, 2016
Carriere, Ms
I've been slamming for about a week, my green swamp has turned to a nice shade of blue but still very, very cloudy. My recent levels are
FC 14 - getting ready to add bleach to get back up to 18 FC for slam
CC 1
pH 7.0
TA 60
CH 10
CYA 45
We had a pretty heavy rain this morning, I'm guessing that's why my pH has dropped! On the pool math calculator it says I should add 18oz of baking soda to increase my pH, but it also says to add 57 oz of baking soda to increase my TA. just a little confused as what I should do, and I'm guessing it's ok to increase ph while I'm slamming? Also, should I correct CH as well? Is the ph level causing the cloudiness or am I still battling algae? Thanks so much for all of your help! I love trouble free pool, and the slam method! Just still so much more to learn!

I've been slamming for about a week, my green swamp has turned to a nice shade of blue but still very, very cloudy. My recent levels are
FC 14 - getting ready to add bleach to get back up to 18 FC for slam
CC 1
pH 7.0
TA 60
CH 10
CYA 45
We had a pretty heavy rain this morning, I'm guessing that's why my pH has dropped! On the pool math calculator it says I should add 18oz of baking soda to increase my pH, but it also says to add 57 oz of baking soda to increase my TA. just a little confused as what I should do, and I'm guessing it's ok to increase ph while I'm slamming? Also, should I correct CH as well? Is the ph level causing the cloudiness or am I still battling algae? Thanks so much for all of your help! I love trouble free pool, and the slam method! Just still so much more to learn!

Baking Soda is used to raise TA, with very little impact on pH.

To raise pH, use borax, washing soda, or soda ash.

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.