SWG cell before solar panels?

domct203

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 3, 2015
CT
A friend of mine has an unused Intex SWG that I can have. It's a 15K gallon unit, so it should be adequate for my 6700 gallon pool.

The simplest way for me to connect this without cutting PVC pipe would put it right after the filter, but before the feed to the solar panels, which are about 20' of PVC pipe downstream.

Would this harm the panels at all?

I can't imagine that it would. I doubt the chlorine levels even straight out of the SWG would be high enough to damage anything.

I tend to agree. I think the main reason for having the SWG last is to prevent entrapment of chlorine gas down the line. So, I would run the pump a while after the SWG shuts off to make sure it is all out of there.

I tend to agree. I think the main reason for having the SWG last is to prevent entrapment of chlorine gas down the line. So, I would run the pump a while after the SWG shuts off to make sure it is all out of there.

As I think more about this, I think I'll redo some plumbing to put the SWG after the panels. I have an automated solar controller, I fear it could turn off the solar circuit on a cloudy day and trap chlorine gas in the system. The panels are on a rack on the ground, so they do not drain when off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.