Hotspring Envoy Vs Caldera Geneva + Other questions

Mar 24, 2017
England
Hi all,

I've been looking into the possibility of having a hot tub for the past few weeks and have wet tested lots of cheaper models and some more expensive and it really came down to 2 models from rival yet same company brands.

The Hot Spring Envoy and Caldera Geneva.

They both had great power and had some amazing features that rivalled each other.

We (me and my mrs) loved the motomassage on the Envoy, but felt the leg jets in the Geneva were a welcomed bonus.

We also loved the wireless control in the Envoy and wondered why Caldera (also part of Watkins/MASCO) hadn't implemented anything similar.

The question is, which one would you go for?
----------------------------------------
The other vital question comes down to water softness. I know that the Envoy has the ACE water system and I already have a water softener fitted to my main water supply. Upon checking with a tester, of which states for ACE it should be between 25-75 and their website stating 50ppm, mine was somewhere around 10-15. Would I need to top up with hard water or do something else to balance things out or would it be the softer the better?

On a similar note - How would the Caldera (no ACE system) be with my water supply? I wouldn't want to destroy any of the components due to my water.

Thanks,

Andy

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.