First time using TFP test kit, my results.

Coobie

Jan 11, 2017
El Cajon
I know I have hard water, that is evident by the scales on my tiles. I thought I would share my test results and see what y'all thought and the direction I need to go.

FC = 13ppm
CC = 0
Total Chlorine 13ppm

CHT = 1,075

TA = 40

CYA = 70

Forgot the smaller test kit within...

Here are the results from that.

pH = 6.8
CL = 5+ a bit darker yellow than the top reading
BR = 10+ again, a bit darker yellow than the top reading

I am looking forward to your responses and insight.

Thanks, Coob

Last edited:
Is this the kit you have?--> TFTestkits.net

We ask folks to list their current test results in this fashion for ease of interpretation:
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

TA=Total Alkalinity
CH=Calcium Hardness.... I've never seen anyone refer to it as CHT?

Also, unless you actually *have* a Bromine pool you don't have to pay any attention to that side of the pH block. Just the pH.

Yippee :flower:

Now, on to the test results- Your pH is entirely too low particularly if you have a heater. This is also probably why your TA is so low. Your CSI per PoolMath is in the corrosive range. This needs to be addressed pronto!

Do you have a Salt Water Chlorine Generator? How do you sanitize your pool???

High Calcium is not unusual for folks out west, between the hard water and the evaporation, the CH tends to climb. It can be managed but if you can drain about half of your water and replace it with fresh fill it should help.

Pool School - Calcium Scaling

Yippee :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.