New pool build - SE Pennsylvania - Decking question

psualum

Bronze Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
Douglassville, PA
Wife really likes stamped concrete look. Considering stamped concrete that cantilevers over the edge of the pool. Seems too look nice. Any thoughts on how the stamped concrete would hold up if we choose to go with a SWCG? Thanks in advance for educating this pool dummy!

I am also doing a saltwater pool in pa and I'm going with stamped concrete. Didn't hear any negatives other than the cracking

Spring 2017 new build in PA ! //// Pool on a big hill //// IG SWG 800 sqft +100 sqft sun shelf + 50 sqft spa. //// All Jandy Pro series equipment (help me choose which models !) //// SGM River Rok or Diamond Brite (help me choose!) //// Stamped Concrete, Pavers, or Stone (help me choose ! )

Wife really likes stamped concrete look. Considering stamped concrete that cantilevers over the edge of the pool. Seems too look nice. Any thoughts on how the stamped concrete would hold up if we choose to go with a SWCG? Thanks in advance for educating this pool dummy!

Im in Quakertown - not to far from you. We are getting about 1500 sq ft of stamped concrete and a cantilever edge. Im not concerned about the SWCG at all. I was concerned about cracking. Concrete will crack - end of story....that being said, my PB uses a sub that puts a full 4+ of compacted stone below 4 full inches of the fiberglass additive and reinforced concrete. Then we chose a random stone pattern with non linear expansion joints cut into it. If/when it cracks - it isnt that hard to recut along the crack and die the edge and it will match up to the rest.

Now...what I AM concerned about is how slippery it is. They are going to use a matte sealer with some sort of grip additive....but Ive heard that it can still be slippery. I may ask for extra, extra grippy stuff...

I was pretty specific when I sat down with the different PB...and asked a lot of questions about how their subs did things.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.