Channel Drain Install Concerns

Mar 11, 2017
California
Hi All, I had my in ground spa re-plastered last summer and just noticed that the channel drain install took my tub from two pump suction locations to one. The current suction point has two pipes one for the filtration/heating/skimmer line (1/2 HP) and one for the spa jet line (1 HP). I have noticed that when I have the spa jets and circulation pump going the suction force at the back of the channel drain is pretty strong. I am not sure if this is safe and if the channel drain was installed properly? The pictures are of the tub in its original configuration (two separated drains) and after the channel drain install. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

11182_10201738501477591_1436319492_n.jpegIMG_1698 3.jpgIMG_1695 3.jpgIMG_1701 3.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

I see two pipes there at one end of the channel. I wonder if the inner pipe is tee'd off the outer pipe and used to go to the other old drain. Regardless, why they didn't just leave the T connection to the other side is strange. Ask the builder.

Thanks all for the feedback, I haven't talked to the company that did the re-plaster yet. I assume as soon as I bring this to their attention they will simply try to convince me it was installed correctly. Lets see what they say. May need to get another builders opinion.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.